PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

780x90

Hello! If you're new to Miss Lovie, I'd love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe by RSS feed or by email! Also be sure to follow on Facebook and Twitter for more Miss Lovie goodness!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Valentine's Day Ideas

First, let me just say, I missed you. 
I've been MIA from the blog for a week (or so!) longer than I wanted after the holidays. I've had a hard time getting back into the swing of things after the last minute Christmas crafts I did (which I, of course, neglected to photograph....grr.) and after the glorious down time with family and friends. And as soon as I went back to school I've been swamped with end of the quarter duties including finishing report cards. Woh. Woh. I'm hoping for a snow day sometime soon (cue "Snow Day" song by Matt Pond from that Starbuck's commercial...) so I can have some quality creating time! 

Don't worry, though. I have lots of great ideas for new tutorials that will hopefully come soon and I've been thinking about my goals and things for the new year on here which may include some new happenings I'd like your feedback on so I'll share those soon, too. 

In the meantime, I thought I'd share some of last year's Valentine's Day tutorials. Yes, there are tutorials for all of these below. Enjoy! 
I really love this wreath. I may have to put it up very soon. Guess I'd have to take my Christmas one down first, though, huh? What? Please tell me I'm not the only one with my tree and front door wreath still up?! Mr. Lovie today suggested we just leave the tree up all year and decorate it with whatever season...hearts soon, then shamrocks, then birthday candles for his birthday...all good ideas that I legitimately thought about for a minute because I just really like our tree. It looks good in that spot!! Ha! 

Anyway, back to Valentine's Day!  
 I made this runner over a couple snow days last year, actually. Love the colors. Love the heart and ruffle explosion. It's easy, too. You should try it.
And finally, for last year's V-Day decor,  Love Birds
This was my first ever embroidery project and it was so relaxing and fun. Click on the link above for a template for the birds that I made and the full tutorial.

And, of course, if you're looking for some ideas for some Valentine's Day gifts, check out my Embellished Date Night Basket. It would make a fantastic gift for your mr.!
Thanks for reading. New stuff coming soon! 

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

I love your table runner. It is beautiful.
Jamie
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Very impressive crafts, I have two left hands when it comes to this kind of thing. I'm probably going to opt for my lady's favourite Valentines chocolate box for her gift...I know I should probably attempt to make something (especially after seeing your efforts) but I know it'll be a disaster!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

invisible ad